5 Kilos of papya,
1 kg of sugar
5-10 tablespoons of lemon juice
26g of pectin
- Peel, deseed 5 kilos of ripe papaya.
- Mush three kilos, roughly chop the remaining two kilos.
- Place on stove and boil, while constantly stirring.
- Once it starts to boil;
- Add 13g of pectin powder after boiling.
- Stir in pectin.
- Add 1kg of brown sugar (or white if you prefer a lighter colour jam) and stir
- Add 5-10 table spoons of lemon juice;
- I can’t recall how much I used. I just followed my feelings.
- Make sure you are still stirring.
- Add another 13g of pectin.
- You now have jam!
- Sterilise a ton of jars and carefully place them into the jars.
- Seal and let them cool to on the counter top.